RuneWatch and MagicRunes both provide cooldown information for a Death Knight’s runes, and of the DK mods they are the best I’ve found. If you’re now leveling a Death Knight as your alt, as so many people seem to be, then consider geting both and playing with each.
There are many more mods out there, and they’ll all do some basic stuff. Frankly most are re-skins of the Blizzard UI’s Rune section, and most are exceedingly ugly. For a mod to be useful it has to give you accurate information, and be presented clearly. Adding art style to a good mod is valuable; making the Blazzard frame overly complex and fancy without anything extra is pointless.
Both MR and RW are good – I am torn between them, so much so that I use both.
- better graphical timing of runes, as timer is displayed as a bar rather as a number
- needs a optional disease timer
- design style is more akin to DK flavour, rather than a straight information mod
- includes disease detection and timing (a major point of differentiation), which for Unholy spec, is really handy.
- initial load state is way too huge for most UIs, but is simple to alter
- support different layouts, styles, and symbols. No issue making each of these look and function in a reasonable way
- track rune cooldowns very well
- well supported and updated