Its been a long time since I posted regularly, and by golly gee its been busy – both in game and out.
I’ve been planning a huge life event (because you can’t say wedding without somebody charging you a 200% bullshit surcharge), changing to a new and exciting job, and also burning time on trying to find a house to buy. By comparison a Sarth 3D kill will a tank and healer AFK, and 3 screen-lickers is easy.
But you don’t read a wow blog to ponder my real life ramblings, so straight to the wow goodies:
A new Guild
After much nashing of teeth and requests, I’ve moved 3 toons into Insidious of Nagrand. The members are almost all people I knew before joining, and it is great to have a few of the wow circles I know combine into a guild. Darn good people really help the game stay fun.
I am a very happy player at the moment with the guild.
General Instance Grind is dull
I am sick of running heroics. Period. Five level 80 characters means a heroic is dull and old content. That goes double for OCC due to the suckage of players and stupid fight mechanics, and triple for HOL and and HOS which just take too damn long.
That said, I’d do any of them with a good set of players and enjoy it; just wish that the Pug system could allow some team matching based upon likes as well as dislikes.
I dusted off my Warlock recently and in the free time I had between jobs, I now have a Level 80 toon who is hopelessly under-geared. It is frustrating to be a solid level 79 who can top the damage and scream flaming death at everything one day, but at 80 then be reduced to a total scrub again.
Thus begins the gear grind on my 5th level 80 character. He has over 100 recent achievements, but the good ones are:
- Level 80 (duh!)
- 1500 quests (when did that happen?)
- The regular Dungeon Master (all the LK normals complete)
- Heroic UP: Girl Skadi and Lodi Dodo at once – which is easy now with 264 epic toons to run with.
- First item of the T9 badge set – and the dread that all the others will take months to get.
- Looking for Many award.
- A stack of H runs, gear updates, and wasted money on ilevel 200 gear.
Death Knight, still darn fun
- DPS gearset is looking OK. T10 in four places now, with three items the “Santified” upgraded T10. Just need to replace my Helm, Neck, and Ring – and I’m golden.
- Tank set is a little more work, but still ok. I have a T10 Glove from VoA that is altogether pointless unless I also grab another T10 item – which will be soon. T10 Shoulders for Tanking look average, but will at the very least get me the first set bonus.
- Took the time to actually get the Weekly Raid, Daily quests, and the VoA all done in one week – which for me is a twice a year thing given the time that takes and the amount I play.
Druid, Bear is for Tank, but Boomkin is feathery fun.
- Also got VoA and weeklies done, and slowly bumped my Boomkin set to mid 4.5ks, which is ok.
- Then got into my guild’s ICC 10 man run, and replaced 4 items in one night. Now the Boomkin set is in the health 5250 range, and the Tank set ios around the same level. So in one or two runs my Druid has comparable gear to my DK (dk = 5.45/5.1 vs Druid = 5.25/5.2).
- Boomkin is fun, and the form is so cool that it makes me behave like a stupid kid. Silly jokes in raid chat, bouncing while dps’ing, and altogether strange behaviour is what the CritChicken does to me.
- I love the Starfall change.
- I can’t wait for a UI element that will make detecting the procs faster. I know it won’t help my dps (as I have been known to faceroll when tired), but will certainly make me feel guilty about it.
- I think getting runs will be easy now should I choose, as 5.2 seems to be the sweet spot for getting invites at the moment.
Next update will either be really soon. or another month away. No idea – we’ll see.
Hope the bosses drop all the good stuff for you, and you find a game ticket on the train.