There are some small tweaks to the Ptr notes for patch 4.3. From a Death Knight perspective there are no changes of any significance, but Druids, Warriors, Rogues, Paladins and Hunters will want to read them. Continue reading
- Healing from Death Strike is automatic, and the damage is subject to a successful hit.
- Abom’s Might has the melee attack power increased, all other affects are the same.
- Blade Barrier is a base % damage soak reduction, which is a change away from being dependent on rune usage.
- Howling Blast’s base damage has increased, while the scaling from attack power has been slight reduced.
- Veteran of the Third War now also reduces the cooldown on Outbreak by 30 seconds.
For DK Tanks this is a change toward a more consistent inbound damage, a reduction on replacing our diseases. The change in Abom’s might will be reflected elsewhere in identical buffs, so that melee dps is bumped. I am not sure if the HB change will increase or decrease the damage. Overall its good, I feel that we’ll be less spikey.
In other news:
- A few enchants for Tanks are slightly increased, not overly huge change, but welcome.
- You’ll be able to dethrone an inactive GM, so play nice.
- GC has posted a summary and some background thoughts on the patch changes.
- And yes, the artwork for the Priest and Hunter gear has been released. The Priest helm looks incredible. Where are the Death Knight models?
- Archaeology areas of interest will now show on the mini-map, in addition to the World Map.
Happy killing, Typhoonandrew.