Overall I rate this patch as good. Its going to cost me a small chest full of gold for the respecs while I muck about, but it will be worth it.
- The “Tap” change is wonderful! No more missing out on a tag because your opening affect does no damage. Warlocks (dot), Priests (dot), Druids (faerie fire) will benefit.
- DK changes are not over, and while they’ve up’ed some stuff (Blood HP regen) and down’ed other stuff (general Unholy damage), the changes in the middle for Frost tanking make sense to me the most.
- Especially good for DK Tanks is the new weapon enchant: Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle, apparently adds Def +25 and Stam by 2% as a Weapon Enchant. That is tank love!
- Having the Summon Ghoul and Raise an Ally as two spells makes sense. Nice change.
- Having the Glyph remove the Corpse Dust cost is an even better change for Unholy. Combined with the 40/70% avoidance means pets don’t insta-gib as much.
- Sigil of Haunting Dreams, now gives a chance to grant 173 crit strike rating for 10 secs on Blood Strike and Heart Strike. Nice, for 15 tokens.
- Blacksmithing has been adjusted so that its harder to level at the 390-415-ish bracket. Basically there was a pattern that made it ultra-cheap to create stuff and get skill points. Its been adjusted so that the mats are more costly. I’d be a bit miffed if I hadn’t already passed 420.
- Shaman have had their Talent points refunded, so why not the Death Knights? Not enough of an adjustment I suppose.