The current Blog Azeroth Shared Topic – Background Music is on now (8th to 14th Feb), and its something that factors into how I play.
- When leveling the first times through anywhere I’ll have the sound off, unless I’m totally solo’ing. When solo’ing I like the music.
- As above for instances, when in them for the first few times I won’t use the sound so I can concentrate.
- Solo’ing old instances I try to remember to turn the sound on.
- If I’m not listening to the music, I’m listening to Podcasts, both WoW related and all the other odd podcasts I like.
- If I’m on vent I’ll not have the sound on, but sometimes will have both my earbuds from my phone in so I can hear podcasts or different music, and also my gaming headset. It means there are a lot of cables around, but during a heavy wow session I don’t move much.
- The music I’ve been listening to recently is some of Wagner’s Ring Cycle (an opera), and some 90s grunge music. Both styles are the music of my youth.
Happy killing, TyphoonAndrew
Blog Azeroth shared topic: When should Healer let folks die in the fire?
Ha! All the time. First mistake is free, the next one the dps should burn. Let’em use bandages.
The context I’m imagining is a random PUG five man normal or heroic at any level, but feel free to answer in any way that moves you
I think the content of a 5 man should be so well known, and so over geared by most folks that standing in the fire is not an issue. That is to say, the content can be done even with the idiot standing there, so no real issue; not at all that the person should stand there without feeling like a fool though.
Applying a rule that everyone gets one chance to be a moron; the first mistake is ok and totally forgiven. But the second time they should at the very least apologise for the mistake, and not keep doing it.
Third time I’d be happy for a Hunter or Rogue to MD to them constantly so they quit the group.
An example – In AN “pound” by the last boss is something that used to kill Tanks. Now a tank can pretty much be healed through it, but it still kills dps. This is ok and the way it should be.
If the Tank didn’t move because they were doing something else, then that is ok too, but generally the Tank should know better and should have moved. The Damn dps who do that deserve all they get, and should not be a priority in healing. Period.
Have a great raid, and I’ll leave you with some inspiring words: Give a man fire and he’s warm for a day, set a man on fire and he’s warm for the rest of his life.