Civ6 is a punishing (fun) game. I’m playing on the easiest level as a learner and the AI has a naggingly consistent propensity to totally wreck my beautiful plans.
My biggest gripe is how shit the startup screens are. Huge ego stuffing symbols from the creators, then a single mouse click which you always need to do.
Hey designers – if I don’t have a choice then just move on. Or allow me to click quickly through. IDGAF about your company name. I care about Civ. /grumble.
I’ll say I’m generally winning or at least making good in roads but cripes – the AI is sometimes illogical.
- NPC civ plonked a city between two of my cities because there was just a sliver of space. Who does that! Bastards.
- Building walls is an almost must do, but they drain so much cash and production early on. Perhaps I need to build in close and not spread so far.
- The barbarians appear about 10 turns after your units declare war and swing over the other side of the map. Bastards.
- How do I reduce how many other NPC civs are present. So many contenders. Perhaps I need to start on a huge map.
- Who in hell knows how to start a religious victory style game?
- Why are the penalties for killing and razing a city so nasty in the early game? Isn’t this what civs did?
Good game though.