Quick little re-post of my thoughts when asked on the Guild’s forums. Overall there is a lot of material in WoW Warlords of Draenor which could be wonderful (WoD is about as great as MoP for an expansion abbreviation).
- I’m pleased with the item stat squish, and the associated HP value changes, etc.
- separate raid lockouts
- added flex style to normal mode
- stat / gear use simplification. Pally Plate’s often DE needs to stop, this addresses that issue.
- reduced gear-sets. The gear model means that one item may serve multiple roles. Brilliant. The negative on this system is not as large as the negatives we already have in game with the current system.
- removal of reforge, etc. It was a way to “fix” shitty complex itemisation, or the wrong stats on gear. It was also a gold sink. I won’t miss it at all. i.e. I think I reforged manually about three times in the expansion, otherwise I used a mod. If I am seeking to automate a function then why bloody have it. Just fix the itemisation.
- free level 90 toon. Cool, more powerful bank alts.
Too soon to tell:
- How much sense does Garrosh escaping into the time machine really make?
- Garrisons might be cool, or might be the “farm” of MoP. Great at first, a grind, and then pointless.
- 20 man Epic mode. Might cause issues. Might be the same problem we have now but a different number as the target. Moot.
- character models. Increased polygon complexity is fine and good, hopefully we see more. What about a thin human male model which has actual fingers?
- followers akin to Star Wars. Good system.
- craft from your bank mats. Great.
- +10 levels vs 5
- Orc vs ?? Lore. Frankly the lore is never going to be cohesive and congruent to what came before.
- no flying. It was ok when we could, it was ok when we couldn’t.
- time travel stories
- the renaming of the raid types is confusing at the moment because of the re-use of the same words. It’ll be fine later.
- why scrap “the blood” corruption of the orcs totally? It was a cool lore.
- the trailer was meh, but I’m thinking we’ll get a better one when the launch the actual expansion.
- more/better Archy information, & Profession changes to suit actual raid benefits
- Warlords of Draenor – World of Warcraft (psyckostinamuffin.wordpress.com)
- Blizzard announces World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (wired.co.uk)