For Death Knights the May 14 tweaks have some relevance, and the new “Reborn” style weapons can now apply the Legendary upgrade.
As I said, it was very disappointing that the Reborns were same as the LFR drops – and they still are disappointing. This brings a 30 day crafting slog up to the scale of a random LFR drop. I’m seriously contemplating dropping Blacksmithing for Enchanting or some other profession with regular solid buffs beyond Bracers and Gloves socketing.
More after the break.
- Blood Plague no longer benefits from the damage increase granted by Tricks of the Trade.
- Frost Fever no longer benefits from the damage increase granted by Tricks of the Trade.
- Necrotic Strike’s healing absorption effect has been increased to 225% from attack power, up from 200%.
OK no worries, noted. Nothing shattering here at all.
Blacksmith “reborn” items / Legendary Quest
- Eye of the Black Prince can now be used to apply a prismatic socket on Reborn weapons.
Now given that the Reborn items can be used by anyone (BoE after all) this tweak is to the advantage of everyone. I’m using a Reborn Bloodmoon as two handed DPS in Frost spec and will get stamping the Eye of the Black Prince on it asap. I don’t think the buff goes far enough still, but more is better.
Happy Killing, TyphoonAndrew. Murder, kill, main, and destroy.
- Patch 5.3 PTR Patch Notes for May 14 (wow.joystiq.com)
- Crafting of Bloodmoon Reborn (typhoonandrew.wordpress.com)
- Achievement bounty (typhoonandrew.wordpress.com)
- Lichborne: Patch 5.3 and the death of festerblight (wow.joystiq.com)