Incredible. These folks win at Game of Throne Minecraft. You might need to understand what Minecraft is to appreciate the effort, or be a GoT fan to not think it is a little extreme use of time – I’m both. Impressed. Thanks to Ant for the link.
Pizzainacup on Reddit – It took me and about 100 other builders a little over 4 months to build the whole thing. We estimate theres around 3000 unique buildings, all hand made and all fully decorated on the interior.
The insanity level might be moderate, until I found out that they rendered the interior spaces as well.
And because insanity needs a project, they’re also doing all of Westeros.
- WesterosCraft: Game of Thrones Minecraft project is a colossal achievement (vg247.com)
- Hardcore Minecrafters build immaculate clone of Game of Thrones’ King’s Landing (gizmag.com)
- Game of Thrones’ King’s Landing meticulously re-created in Minecraft (venturebeat.com)
- Sweet Mother Of Dragons, Get A Load Of King’s Landing Recreated In Minecraft (kotaku.com)
- King’s Landing from ‘Thrones’ gets the Minecraft treatment (news.cnet.com)
- A Game of Thrones’ King’s Landing City Re-Created In Minecraft Masterpiece (video) (geeky-gadgets.com)
- King’s Landing recreated in Minecraft (destructoid.com)