The trinket Ghost Iron Dragonling is one of the best ways to get a character’s gear improved quickly. It is generally cheap and available, and offers a highly customisable a item for your Trinket slot; which is a gear slot where it can be hard to get upgrades.
All toons can use these for each gear-set spec, as they are BoE and unique equipped.
If you’re not using a item level 450 trinket yet, go grab one of these. I’ll cost anywhere from 100g to 280g-ish to grab, plus some change for the Engineering sockets. If you know an Engineer it is almost insultingly cheap to craft.
Each of the three sockets adds +600 in a secondary of your choice, adjustable just like a gem slot. So all you need to do is look up the stat weighting for your current spec choice and add a socket for each of the top three.
- Flashing Tinker’s Gear 600 Parry Rating
- Fractured Tinker’s Gear 600 Mastery Rating
- Precise Tinker’s Gear 600 Expertise Rating
- Quick Tinker’s Gear 600 Haste Rating
- Rigid Tinker’s Gear 600 Hit Rating
- Smooth Tinker’s Gear 600 Critical Strike Rating
- Sparkling Tinker’s Gear 600 Spirit
- Subtle Tinker’s Gear 600 Dodge Rating
A nice side affect is the mini-pet that frequently gets summoned to help you fight. The dragonling does not inflict much damage (a frontal cone instantly inflicting 3750 to 6250 nature damage), but a good animation. It is great for multi-mob packs when farming drops as a Tank.