Many blogs out there posting about what they did first, and what the experience in Mists is like, which is great to see high praise for the content released. I played for less than 1 hour between dinner, baby tasks, and spending a non-wow night with the better half.
No download (that was done), no patch issues (also done), no latency issues (cool).
In an hour I was able to:
- Accepted the new “come to the King” quest that appears auto-magically. Great touch – this is a superior way to get the content in the player’s eyeballs.
- Ramped up my professions (mining, first aid, archy, cooking, fishing), but could not get the Stormwind Blacksmith to talk to me; ah well. Better things to worry about.
- Checked my quest log to get rid of the naff naff quests that I might have left.
- Logged in each lowbie and 85 alt character so that the rested ticks over. I’m not sure if I actually had to do that, but I figure it was a few clicks to be sure.
- Created my Pandaren Monk, did the “get your staff quest”, then logged. Rested will be ticking slowly, ready for a good run in a week or so.
- Then headed to Pandaria to help recover the Prince! Cool. An actual reason for a hero and highly regarded character to head across to an unknown place and “adventure”.
So my initial impression is that the introduction was solid, and worked well as an Alliance character. I loved that the first real quest was a vehicle mode, and then straight after it was a “Kill a Set of Dirty Stinking Horde snotlings”. Yes, the tone is right. Get players into the mindset that we need to hurt the Horde. If the lore is adding in-game to back the destruction of Theramore, then I’ll get on board with the Horde killing.
So I’m stoked. It’s too early to say its all wonderful, but the chatter in Guild seems to be that everything is darn interesting and the characters are racing toward maximum level at a smooth pace. A few characters were already 86 last night, and I’m sure we’ll see a few 87’s today; if not already.
Happy (misty horde scum) Killing, TyphoonAndrew.
Pingback: What happened second? I looked at how I’m leveling | TyphoonAndrew's – Eye of the Storm
Pingback: What a few nights a week can do? A lot actually. | TyphoonAndrew's – Eye of the Storm