I found a few more tools that are handy for wow players, which extend the list from just class planning and include some of the consistently good player tools external to the game.
- Noxxic Guides, which are an alternate to the Icy Veins guides.
- WoW Heroes, which is a respectable profile tool for your character that will recommend changes to get you to a best in slot setup.
- World of Logs (for raiders), so you can compare fights to see which was better or worse.
- Blizzard’s Armory (duh)
- WoW Wiki, which is good for the pages on Hit and Expertise caps and other such stuff. When updated these are good for plain language explanations.
It is a meta-question for what resources to include which might be too focused, or instead overly well known. I think I’ll have a beer and ponder that today.
- Wowhead’s Class Guide
- Wowhead’s MoP Talent and Glyph Calculator
- MMO Champ’s Class Discussion forums
- a list of Icy Veins class guides
- EJ’s Class forums
- MoP Class Planning Tools (typhoonandrew.wordpress.com)
- Blizzard lists external resources for WoW players (wow.joystiq.com)