As Brewfest Holiday event is half way through, I thought I’d put up some simple guidelines (far too late) for how to get through the very short fight that is Corbin Direbrew.
- If the Tank or Healer is undergeared, then the Dps should burn down the spawning dwarves as too many can the healer’s job difficult or the tank die.
- If the Dps are all undergeared, then you’ll need to kill the Brewfest maiden who spawns, as she stuns people.
- Roll Greed if the loot is not your primary role.
- If you are undergeared/newbie, say so at the start. Better to let folks know that have a Mage try to Tank 6 monsters.
- Start with an AoE attack opener, to gather up the boss and three adds. This is really important to do well.
- Then get a good threat lead on the Boss (duh).
- Throw in an AoE affect every now and then, or taunt the extra monsters that spawn around the place. That makes the group happy. If the Dps are idiots or rude, let the monsters hit them.
- Roll Need on the +Dodge and +Stam trinkets. They’re not too bad at all, the dodge one especially.
- Wait for 2-3 seconds for the Tank to get some threat.
- Use Single target/dots on the Boss as openers.
- Stand in the AoE affect if the Tank uses it. They’ll get aggro that way.
- If the Tank or Healer is undergeared, then burn down the additional monsters quickly with either AoE or single target, but keep damaging the boss too. A good misdirect is wonderful for too.
- You might need your battlerez ability if something odd happens. Please be prepared to use it.
- The +Stamina trinkets are useless for you, don’t roll Need please.
- I have no real idea, but the healers don’t seem stressed by this fight at all. Some have been doing Dps as well – one Shaman did almost 6k. YMMV.
- Keep yourself alive, then Tank, then the best to worst of the dps (duh).
- If the Tank or Damage crew is using any type of AoE then stand in it. It’ll keep the nasties away from you.
My level 84 Warrior has successfully Tanked the fight against dps who far out-scaled her; to the point where the dps were doing very nice damage, but i was still able to hold threat. One fight saw a Mage doing 22-23k dps while I still held aggro on the nasties.
Happy Brewfest. Hic!