Azerothian Life wrote 10 things about me, and I thought it might be nice to nudge this into a post here too.
- I really love what I do for a living, despite the fact it is stressful and takes up too much of my time. Busy is better than bored any day of the week. If I was not being paid to muck about with software and applications, I’d probably be doing it anyway.
- I grew up in the outer suburbs of Melbourne Australia, and really didn’t like it. Now that we live in the inner city I can see the appeal, especially for folks who have kids (there is a comment to be made about age and perspective, but I’m not ready to admit that fully).
- My favourite music is not repetitive music. If the artist’s music is not different from what as come before its likely that I won’t listen to it.
- I really like my DK character in warcraft, and still think I have a lot to learn. eg. How to use Dark Simulacrum correctly? No idea yet.
- I’m in love with my wife. Probably should go without saying, but its important.
- I enjoy a good metaphorical soapbox, making generalisations, and the discussions that ensure.
- I wish I had more patience, and am amazed by anyone who can remain calm while stating a request for a third time.
- I think there is so much more to be developed and created in the online industry, for both games, mini-applications, and full blown service based applications. It is exciting.
- Conversely I’d an advocate of offline as a viable range of product to develop, and also as a valid choice for life. Sometimes being away from technology is fantastic too.
- I think being subversive is often useful. The difference that is typically wrong is the intent of the action. I feel that changing expectations and pushing boundaries is good – the intent and timing is the key between a good or evil action.
What are yours?