After a huge weekend, there is a little to brag about for my venerable Death Knight. Playing for a huge stack of time intermixed with housework and food is a great way to swindle away a weekend, although I do think there could have been a few more productive activities off-screen. Perhaps another day huh. I was able to achieve the following:
- Grand Master Cook (525) – man is that a pain between 350 and 450.
- Archaeology to 120 – this is a grindy profession if there ever was one. The only goal is to get some BoA gear, and possibly a mount. The rest of the stuff is vendor trash.
- A DPS upgrade for Neck, from Ramkahen, along with the Exalted Rep. Finally! Ramkahen is a pain in the arse if you can’t regularly run heroics, as it is so god damn slow.
- A few Tank upgrades for Legs and Bracers, but only the Bracers will be keepers for any length of time. I’m now 10% dodge, 15% parry, and 108% mastery – more than ready to smash through heroics as a tank when the great goodie bag bribe is added to the game.
- 50 cooking awards, which is kind of meh when I see that almost all the current recipes are useless for me. No great change in cooking from previous editions.
- Heroic Deadmines and Halls of Origination completed. Blarg.
- Working Day and Night (2nd Profs now at 525) via Blacksmithing. This profession will end up just being a place to get buckles and gem slots from now on. I can’t see a huge market in these, but handy none the less.
Wish I could spend 7 hours a day playing more often, but not too often. I’m finding so many aspects of the game difficult to enjoy, but others highly satisfying – which I guess is what a lot of folks are finding as subscribers start to drift off. This might be a thought for another day.
All the best, happy killing.