Another good few days and I’ve been helped along with the never ending upgrade path.
This has made a significant difference to my base combat stats, and also the associated damage/dps I can create. Not ultra-cool as yet, but certainly nice if I concentrate. Its plausible that my AP will break 3000 soon and already at over 26% crit. The next major hurdle I need to get over is my use of a rotation and when to use abilities. Training wheels here I come.
The gear was:
- an incredible Ring: Titanium Impact Band, for dps – but I have to put a darn +hit gem into it so that I can reduce miss while the other gear improves. This ring is darn good. Only negative is the Armour Pen, which I don’t rate.
- a nice Ring: Ring of Scarlet Shadows, for dps – which while not as cool as the Titamium Impact is still an upgrade and especially good as it allows a gem within it too. I gemed for +8 hit/stam, so to also get the socket bonus of +8 AP; but will most likely juts drop 8AP bonus and put in a +16 hit gem.
- an OK change of Gloves: Plate Claws of the Daron. Which while sounding godlike, are not awesome but still a very clear improvement on the rubbish quest reward I was using.
- a new Cloak: Cloak of Bloodied Feathers, that is the best in slot for pve before Naxx and badge gear. Worthy of a good AP enchant I’ll be chasing over the weekend.
- and a week ago I grabbed a new Neck: Pendant of the Outcast Hero. Its not perfect, but again so cheap for badges.
Three of the four items were gifts, so my take home message is: be nice to your guild-mates. I owe a few of them pretty big.
(yes, one of those “I gots new loots” posts)