The NDA is lifted and Alpha test is closed so expect a flood of conjecture and comments about the expansion.The Beta is also open and emails from Blizzard will be sent to the lucky few. Feels very much like a golden ticket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – I wonder if somebody will have a transporter accident like in the old film?
My quick summary of the Wrath update is as follows:
- Its all hearsay and rumor, and even the official patch notes are subject to major changes. So take everything with a huge bucket of salt.
- Paladin’s Seals are getting a major overhaul, which I don’t like the sound of, but will watch with interest. The change to Salvation in particular seems to be a huge screw-up, and I have to wonder out loud if Salv is actually hated in its current form by the Devs. You don’t make Salv into a 10 second affect, which also reduces dps and healing without something being really odd.
- A massive list of spells have had their cooldowns altered, or been tweaked. Its really worth scanning the class list to see whats affected and of interest to you. You’ll say holy-cow at least once I promise.
- Enchanters will be able to use Scrolls created by Inscription to share enchantments between your own toons, or sell them in the AH. That is awesome.
- Toons can change hairstyles, so you can finally opt away from that bad hair day that might have been funny for 10 days, then got tired.
- Paladin Auras affect everyone now in a raid. Good.
- All Pet powers for Warlocks are automatically known.
- Professions will go to 425, but I’ll wait to see the actual items and gear before getting excited about that.