And Nagrand has a date, lucky thing; its in need of a bit of a run. Nagrand & Caelestrasz US gets hooked up on April 10.
We will be connecting the realms listed below on Thursday, April 10 during a scheduled maintenance beginning at 5 a.m. PDT through approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Once maintenance is finished, these realm connections will be complete.
Drenden and Arathor
Nagrand and Caelestrasz
It freaked me out, but all it took was closing wow and re-opening. I see so few connectivity related bugs for wow that I looked twice. Apache huh, I guess that is what the cool kids use. Happy gaming.
I had a good quick night playing wow last night, in Warlock mode. I’ve loving Destruction as a spec choice as it takes very little management and stops and starts easily. For long fights it get a bit the same quickly, but I suspect that will change when i start learning how to use the cooldowns and specials I’ve been ignoring while leveling.
After jumping around a few zones my Warlock dinged 90 and I started throwing timeless isle gear at him. After thre 90s have been through the Isle of Random + Random there was a set of Boots, Bracers, Cloak, and two Rings gathering dust in my bank. Then it was a quick quest accept for the Black Prince storyline, another YUP for the start if the Warlock green fire quest, then finally off to timeless isle.
A few minutes in and I had a Chest token, and the bloody random gift gave me Bracers again. Boo hiss. Alas I was only able to get to 455 ilevel, but that felt a lot faster than I remember. As you’d expect it is the trinkets and old-ish blue gear which is holding my ilevel down, and the game tells me I should be doing the older LFRs to gear up. Hmm. Maybe later.
As a fresh 90 I look like a hodge-podge clown suit freak again. Perhaps some transmog is needed to save embarrassment.
I also finally got the mats to craft the Sky Golem, which I think is far more of a fun mount to use than it is too look at. Finally.
Happy killing folks.
WoWers are such murderer hobos.
A expansion teaser … New race – gender confused Demon hunter. I smiled. 400 man raids. Kek.
WoW Moviewatch: Trailer for Burning Crusades 2.
Frost – Icy Talons now increases melee attack speed by 45% (up from 30%)
Unholy – Unholy Might now increases Strength by 35% (up from 25%)
Well shoot, l like this recent patch – a few Dk dps buffs for Frosty attack speed and Unholy strength benefit. Always welcome.
Quick little re-post of my thoughts when asked on the Guild’s forums. Overall there is a lot of material in WoW Warlords of Draenor which could be wonderful (WoD is about as great as MoP for an expansion abbreviation).
- I’m pleased with the item stat squish, and the associated HP value changes, etc.
- separate raid lockouts
- added flex style to normal mode
- stat / gear use simplification. Pally Plate’s often DE needs to stop, this addresses that issue.
- reduced gear-sets. The gear model means that one item may serve multiple roles. Brilliant. The negative on this system is not as large as the negatives we already have in game with the current system.
- removal of reforge, etc. It was a way to “fix” shitty complex itemisation, or the wrong stats on gear. It was also a gold sink. I won’t miss it at all. i.e. I think I reforged manually about three times in the expansion, otherwise I used a mod. If I am seeking to automate a function then why bloody have it. Just fix the itemisation.
- free level 90 toon. Cool, more powerful bank alts.
Too soon to tell:
- How much sense does Garrosh escaping into the time machine really make?
- Garrisons might be cool, or might be the “farm” of MoP. Great at first, a grind, and then pointless.
- 20 man Epic mode. Might cause issues. Might be the same problem we have now but a different number as the target. Moot.
- character models. Increased polygon complexity is fine and good, hopefully we see more. What about a thin human male model which has actual fingers?
- followers akin to Star Wars. Good system.
- craft from your bank mats. Great.
- +10 levels vs 5
- Orc vs ?? Lore. Frankly the lore is never going to be cohesive and congruent to what came before.
- no flying. It was ok when we could, it was ok when we couldn’t.
- time travel stories
- the renaming of the raid types is confusing at the moment because of the re-use of the same words. It’ll be fine later.
- why scrap “the blood” corruption of the orcs totally? It was a cool lore.
- the trailer was meh, but I’m thinking we’ll get a better one when the launch the actual expansion.
- more/better Archy information, & Profession changes to suit actual raid benefits
The Great Game by Penny Arcade is wonderfully perverse. They’re awesome.
WowInsider asked – What the most obscure item in the characters bank was? A good light question.
I have an Eye of Shadow on my Priest which was never used to create benediction.
I think I actually had the Eye of Divinity too, but didn’t get to completing the quest in time. Darn shame. It leaves me with a strange little memento of the pre-Cata game.
As a blogger I never seem to have the “right” image, and get tempted to hike images from anywhere. Well, shamefully I do admittedly hike them, but I try to grab my own, or take them from folk who are willing to give freely.
I found that “The Other Tank” Blog has compiled a batch of images which are perfect for bloggers to use for wow-related banners and panoramas. Even better he has supplied a batch of these in zip file shared via DropBox for anyone to grab. Darn fine work sir!
Happy Killing, TyphoonAndrew.
Quick note on some (now) very old news – the recent patch 5.4 stuff has a few DK changes which are real quality of life tweaks.
now returns the Death Knight to a location near their original departure point when the spell is cast while in Ebon Hold.
Yehaw for both! The Death Gate change means we’ll not be stuck in old world which is a nice quality of life change. I can now use DG to quickly get to a vendor then back into play. for DKs who are leveling it also gives you a place to port to if you’re stuck somewhere dangerous; although not much is dangerous to a DK while leveling. The IBF change is good to allow its use exactly when it is needed. Excellent.