Some odd stuff:
Spirit of Harmony can now be purchased for 600 Conquest Points at the Conquest Quartermaster.
Can I convert the other way please? Please? And to VPs not Conquest? That would be bloody wonderful. 1x SoH granting 600 VP would be like Christmas. I know, dream on.
Portal Shards grow into consumable items which can be used to open a portal from Sunsong Ranch to a major faction city.
That’s handy. Although I’d say just buy yourself the Stormwind cloak and use it to teleport. Less farming and it never runs out.
A search bar has been added to the mount section of the Mount and Pet Journal. The Mount and Pet Journal remembers which tab you were last using.
Good. It needed it.
Banquet of the Steamer and Great Banquet of the Steamer now correctly provide Intellect to damage based casting classes. Healers will continue to gain Spirit from these foods.
This will make a huge amount of raiders happy. Bravo.
My impressions for the Theramore scenario are not good. Frankly it was so underwhelming that I wasn’t sure what to think. From what I have seen in this one, the scenarios at level 90 had better have better introduction and lore aspects, and they better have a faster queue time than 20+ minutes for randoms. Fortunately there is some time for a few changes or tweaks. I am happy to see lore than can be skipped like Arthas in Culling of Stratholme, but it should be there. The scenario did what it indicated for Alliance – Theramore gets destroyed, and we are there to help mop up the baddies, but the manner in which this is executed within the game is off.
Read more after the break for the QQ. Continue reading
After completing the Diablo Beta I have some thoughts.
It is a good game, and feels basically ready. I’m looking forward to it. In the Beta test I played a Barbarian almost through to the end, and a Wizard through to completion. I’ll go back and try the other classes now, but probably not play them right through, as I want to also play them when the game is actually live.
Play-style wise I’d recommend that every player try each class; they really play differently. Music was nice, sound effects, nice, and the few special encounters and scenes I saw (Sword of Leoric) were really nice. Well done Blizzard. Continue reading
Here are some initial thoughts that I’ve had while I played the MoP Beta, as one of the many hundreds of thousands of new “beta” testers. Continue reading
Part of the challenge to play wow well is at a basic level having enough time to make progress. There is a minimum amount of time needed to do any particular task, and of late my time available has been decreasing – this is especially true of any player who wishes to also have a controlling role in a guild structure. It takes a bit (or a lot) more time than just playing.
In future I expect it to get even harder to get a regular cycle of time each week, so (with much apprehension) I’ve retired as GM of the Insidious guild, returning the title to the old GM. In hindsight I have some thoughts on being a guildie, a GM, and a player that I thought might be interesting to others. Continue reading
“What are your fondest memories from the beginning of this expansion?“
- I thought I’d only play the Death Knight as a distraction, and it became my new toon. I came very quickly to love melee dps, and the DK combined all wonderful things of the Paladin Tank with the Druid-Cat dps. Leveling through 68-80 was time consuming because we were playing catch-up to the guys who started at 70 – that said, I didn’t mind.
- I wanted to see Naxx in the flesh, and was not disappointed. Naxx is a wonderful instance.
- I thought Ulduar would be game changing and was let down. It was fantastic, but also so large and time consuming that it was very difficult for me to see most of it. General Vez is as far as I’ve seen and I doubt I’ll see further.
- The storyline was very enticing and exciting, and I think this has been maintained well over the course of the game.
- I was stoked about new gear, but think the gear has also been too spread apart, which now means we are seeing iLevels beyond what I thought was possible. For example an early epic to be around iL 200, and we can now get 265 gear! Makes you wonder what level the L81 Blue items will be.
… a shared topic on the Blog Azeroth Forum
I’m sure every wow player is aware that 3.1.1 is being deployed across the realms tonight, and there are a flurry of updates, and a few fixes applies over the last few days. Mainly downward adjustments to Ulduar, but a few class changes too. The weather report version might be: A mostly fine and sunny patch, occasional slight nerf, with light QQ, and moderate wind in some areas.
- Firstly we get our talent points back again. Cool, especially for folks who were still mucking about with a few different specs. Comes at a handy time and I’ll take the opportunity to muck about with spec again. Any free respec is worth considering a tinker.
- The scaling down of content in Ulduar is sure to make most of the community happy, but some angry. Some guilds are having trouble (mine), others are making slow-ish progress, and a few are tearing the place apart. Kudos to ‘em. If the tiny percentage of players who already think this instance is too easy are upset, I hope I don’t hear them in a lift or on the street. I’ll slap them as its just too early to say anything definitively. If its too easy for you then you get to fountain dance in T8.5 before everyone else. Grats.
- DKs get a 50% reduction in the maximum amount of damage blocked by Anti-Magic Shell (was 100% health, now 50%). This feels like a pvp adjustment that is a touch too wide, but what ever. Maybe DK tanking was too easy for spell damage too? Pfft. I can’t say that the change is class breaking and can’t say that it will shut any folks up about DKs being over powered. Its the player, not the class. It was and will still be a damn fine ability.
- DK also get a Death Strike change which feels nurf-ish, but again not the end of the world.
We have since made another hotfix to just change the way the healing works completely. It now heals 5% of the death knight’s health per disease on the target, up to a max of 15%. This should allow Frost and Unholy to benefit from Death Strike healing while letting Blood benefit from extra Death Strike damage. The tooltip will not reflect this change until we can patch the client.
- This note is wonderful: “Katherine Lee should no longer be attackable in Dalaran, meanies.” Just what I like about wow, this made me laugh. And also made me wonder who could be bothered.
- If the rumoured WG exploit is real, then I hope they fix it now too. Either side being able to cheat is nothing to brag about, or take advantage of.
Go read the rest at MMO Champion.
Heya, a self indulgent woot to myself. WoW readers can slide down your feeder to the next post, nothing actually on wow or the beta to see here.
This is a short summary of stats to date due to reaching a milestone for the blog. Continue reading