I was annoyed with Firefox 2 always stealing back the PCs focus after I clicked a link outside the browser, or tabbed to a new program.
A 5 second Google search later found this page with excellent advise on how to fix this problem. It also shows how you can alter almost any of the setting in Firefox!
(edit): And another here which speeds Firefox up.
http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/help/ … aspx?ID=10
1. Try it, its great.
1. Open a new Firefox tab and type about:config
2. In the Filter bar, type browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground
3. The value of this is False by default. Double click the line to toggle it and set it to True.
4. Restart Firefox.
2. The second one:
1) Open Firefox
2) Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
network.http.pipelining network.http.proxy.pipelining network.http.pipelining.maxrequests
3) Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true” (simply double click the entry)
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true” (simply double click the entry)
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.
Now right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0″. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
4) Close Firefox
5) Re-open and test for speed